Merry Christmas everyone,
Here is a special Christmas cookie recipe I just had to share with you. I made these as a special treat for my family, and now as a blog post for you so that you can make them and share them too.
They are really quick and easy to make too 🙂
- 100g (4oz) margarine
- 75g (3oz) soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of syrup
- 250g (8oz) self raising flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 180°C (gas mark 4)
- Line two trays with grease proof paper
- Beat the margarine till soft, then add the sugar. Mix together until creamy and light.
- Stir in the syrup, flour and milk and mix well.
- Make into a dough (add more flour if required). Dough will be light and slightly crumbly.
- Roll out and cut out shapes as you like.
- Bake int he oven for 10 mins.
- Remove from tray onto a wire rack to cool.
NB: the cookies will be a little soft as we used syrup, but will crisp on cooling.
Then the fun bit 🙂 you could just eat the cookies as they are, they will be absolutely delicious!
or you can decorate them with some icing like we did:
Hope you enjoy making your Christmas cookies.