I hope you are all well and enjoying your craft projects 🙂
So today I’m going to show you some Easter cards I’ve been making……and to also let you on to one of my little secrets in crafting! 🙂
So to make some Easter cards of your own, all you will need is your basic card making supplies (scissors, glue, foam squares, pens, pencil…)
*** Secret tip: *** If you don’t know already, one thing I like to try and do is to reuse things. So I cut out and collect embellishments, images any bits that I like from used cards. So after a Birthday I will cut out all the flowery, sparkly glittery bits that I like and put them away in my box for when I make more cards.
Here’s a picture of some of my paper stash!
So to make this card:
- I used some of my Indian handmade paper scraps and cut out four egg shapes. I drew mine by hand, but if you need a template let me know and I would be happy to send you one 🙂
- I then positioned and stuck the egg onto my green card.
- I used a purple gel pen to draw on the hanging ribbons, and then a green and a gold pen to write Happy Easter!
This next one is a traditional Easter card:
- To make this card I used some flower designs that were on an old birthday card. I cut these out and stuck them onto the blue card.
- I then typed out and printed the message ‘Rejoice He is risen’ which I cut in the shape of a cloud and stuck onto the card.
- To make the cross I used some brown paper that has a wood effect on it. I thought this was ideal for the cross. I stuck this to the card using the foam squares to give it some lift and make it stand out.
I hope you enjoy making your Easter cards J
I would love to see what you have made so please do share your pictures with me.
Happy card making!